Chinese Hospital is responding to the outbreak of the respiratory illness COVID-19 caused by a novel coronavirus. This page provides regularly updated information.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE SICK
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, please call ahead before visiting your doctor and keep track of your symptoms.
If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Due to ongoing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), we have implemented new visitor restrictions to ensure the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff. No visitors are allowed at Chinese Hospital.
Click here to view the Health Officer Order.
Our clinics are open for routine visits
We want you to know, Chinese Hospital is here for you. We’ve taken multiple steps to make sure you’re safe when you visit our Emergency Department or any of our clinic locations.
- Mandatory Masking - Everyone should be masked within our facilities.
- Isolation - Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms is isolated from the public areas, including waiting areas, patient rooms and entrances.
- Cleaning - Frequently cleaning and disinfecting are performed throughout the hospital and clinic.
- Screening - Temperature screening is required before entering the hospital or clinics.
- CDC COVID-19 Fact Sheet (English) (Simplified Chinese)
- CDC What to do if you are sick with COVID-19 (English) (Simplified Chinese)
- SF.GOV Should you get tested & testing options (English)
- San Francisco 'Stay Home' Order (English). For more information, please click here.
- Social distancing (English)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH)
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins University real-time dashboard of global coronavirus infection map
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community in unprecedented ways, Chinese Hospital is taking additional steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The COVID-19 fundraising campaign will help the hospital build its response capacity. Our goal is to raise 2.5 million, and here are ways to support Chinese Hospital:
The best way to help is by making a financial contribution. Donations can be made by phone by calling 1-415-677-2470, or by mail with a check payable to Chinese Hospital and sent to 845 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133. Attn: Office of Fund Development. You can also click here and make a convenient donation online.
We are grateful to accept unopened and unexpired supplies for use by hospital staff. These supplies include PPEs (i.e. N95 masks, gowns, gloves, goggles, face shields), hand sanitizer. disinfectant wipes, and other items. You can mail the supplies to Chinese Hospital. Our address is 845 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133. Attn: Office of Fund Development.