- Who does CHEWHS serve?
- Does CHEWHS accept insurance coverage?
- How do I prepare for a visit?
- How many treatments will I need?
- Which modalities will my treatment plan include?
- Can or should I give my acupuncturist gratuity if I’m happy with my treatment?
Who does CHEWHS serve?
Chinese Hospital East West Health Services is open to everyone, regardless of whether you have health insurance, or which health insurance plan you belong to.
Does CHEWHS accept insurance coverage? Yes, we accept many insurance plans, including HMO and PPO plans that that cover acupuncture services. Please contact your insurance provider to determine your benefits as insurance coverage varies. We understand that insurance coverage can be confusing, so if you have any questions, please feel free to call us. We are happy to help.
How do I prepare for a visit? In order to be comfortable for the duration of your treatment in both our Community Room and Private Rooms, please:
- Use the restroom prior to treatment
- Unless otherwise instructed, it is advised to eat something light two to three hours before your visit.
- If you know that you get cold/hot easily, you may wish to dress/bring layers so that you can be comfortable for the duration of your treatment. Blankets are also available.
- If you are being treated in our Community Room, wear or bring clothing that allows easy access to your hands, arms, feet and legs (e.g. sleeves or pant legs that can be easily rolled up; short sleeves, capris, shorts, skirts, etc).
How many treatments will I need? The number and frequency of treatments will vary according to each patient’s conditions, requirements and health goals. Generally speaking, acupuncture is most effective with regular and frequent treatments. Our acupuncturists will recommend a specific course of treatment tailored to your needs during your first visit.
Which modalities will my treatment plan include? The number and type of modalities included in a treatment plan will vary by patient, and may vary over the course of treatment. We think it is important that you understand and agree with your treatment plan, so please don’t hesitate to ask questions or voice any concerns you may have. Your provider will discuss his/her recommendations with you, and will only provide treatments that you both agree to.
Can or should I give my acupuncturist gratuity if I’m happy with my treatment? CHEWHS is a medical clinic, so gratuity is neither necessary nor accepted for any of our services. However, if you are happy with your experience at CHEWHS, we'd love it if you let others know about us. As a non-profit clinic, our growth comes primarily through word-of-mouth recommendations, referrals and positive reviews. If you would like to contribute to CHEWHS’ mission to increase awareness and access to effective Chinese Medicine services, please write a review, tell a friend about us, or contact Manager Stefanie Lau to find out about how you can contribute your time or make a tax-deductible donation to support the work of Chinese Hospital.